Monday, August 9, 2010

Grace and Elegance



Betterton Day evening would not be the same without the annual Clark party. It is no lie when we say that Betterton has its own Grace Kelly and that indeed is Ginna Clark. A lady who exudes warmth and charm in everything she does and assures these traits are extended to her family. Food, friends and neighbors were abundant at her cottage overlooking the mouth of the Sassafras. Guests were from near and far including former Bettertonian Millie Massey. She along with Tom Hollidge will go down in the books for being tops in gathering Cow Plop donors. Miss Millie is up for the week from Mars Hill, NC and residing with Linda Hall and the Bayside Docs. Oh! Did I forget to mention the party's great Margueritas and shrimp! Ginna and her family were certainly helping out the LA. economy with those large crustaceans, and I can guarantee you there was no oil on these giants.

5 comments:

  1. In three years this party which follows the pre-Betterton day gig hosted by the Duke has become the best place to be after you've slept off the beer and fish from Betterton Day. Shame on the Duke for not coming through in 2010. This won't repeat in 2011. I finally sat in those classic Adirondack chairs on the finest part of the Bluff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can't get on the A list in Betterton where can I get on the A list? If you invite me I promise I won't snoop. Jimmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no A list in Betterton; it's a VOLUNTEER list. Donate your time on a committee or council (hint hint) and you're automatically listed. Call BCDC to sign up, do some work and enjoy the parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, maybe Jimmie meant Type A list??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard this was an interesting forum but the yelling makes me want to craw back into my shell. Jimmie

    ReplyDelete